“I learned to survive in the nick of time, finally decided not to die in the nick of time”,” says Hip Hop artist Sirreal in his latest musical release “In The Nick of Time”. An emotionally driven 13 song offering, In The Nick of Time overflows with Sirreal’s belief that the universe must have balance. This album transitions from the dark (his past) into the light (his present and future) beautifully. Recognizing that without dark there can be no light and that in order to strike this balance correctly you must endure hardship along the way.
“Ask anyone that’s known me since I was real young and they will straight up tell you that I came from the gutter.” But if you asked him who the central influence was in his career, he will always tell you, “My brother Nick” who Sirreal lost to the tragedy of suicide in 2006 and who inspired one of Sirreal’s most popular songs, “Nick’s Song.” Nowadays, you can find SirReal spending time with his family, working with “ at promise” youth, and sidelining as a Youth Mentor with Inter Tribal Health Authority – spreading his heartfelt message of hope and resilience to the people whose lives he touches daily. Sirreal travels across Canada with his full band Blue Satellite playing over 75 shows and festivals last year and is hoping to expand that resume for 2019. He has many goals in mind and is building a strong team as one of his strategies for success. “From where I come from, having my next meal planned is a success. And where I’m at now, reaching fans, having my friends and fans as family, helping my community, being a great father, these are what I consider to be a success to me. The music helps too.” Sirreal has been the opening act for such artists as Nelly, Tech Nine (5 Times!!!), Classified, Royce Da 5”9, Bone Thugs N Harmony, T.I., B Real of Cypress Hill, Devin The Dude, Heavy Metal Kings (Vinny Paz and Ill Bill), Masta Ace, Bif Naked, The Beatnuts, Daniel Wesley, Moka Only, Sweatshop Union, and Juno award winning rap artist Belly, just to name a few. Some of Sirreal’s recent accomplishments:
- He recently won the Sunrise Records nationwide talent contest which will see Sirreal’s new album in 88 Sunrise Records stores across Canada.
- He helped raise over $15000 for BC Children’s Hospital through fundraising shows.
- He raised $25,000 through a Kickstarter campaign in 17 days to pay for his new album and tour.
- Played 30 shows across Canada in support of his new album “In the Nick of Time”.
- He has sold 5000 copies (70% Digital, 30% Physical) of his latest album with no label, manager or publicist.
- Having come from a poor family, Sirreal put on a series of benefit shows to pay for his brother’s funeral.
- As part of hip hop group Sunk City he won a Battle of the Bands against 12 other full bands to win $5000.
- Won the “So you think you can rap” contest in Victoria BC taking home $1000.
- Took 1st place in the “Open for Classified” contest in Nanaimo and in doing so got to meet one of his idols.
- Has played 6 festivals in the last 2 years.
- Has compiled a record of 10-1 in rap battling in both freestyle and pre written formats.
- He has a large social media following on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Youtube with his Youtube videos averaging 30,000-40,000 views.
- He does a weekly live stream called “Lower Case Thursdays” with his 9 yr old son that regularly sees 800-1000 viewers every week for so far 50 weeks.
If you haven’t heard him yet, now is your chance to give one of Vancouver Island’s finest a listen. When you hear Sirreal on stage with his live band Blue Satellite, it will change your perception of what hip hop sounds like.
For bookings please email [email protected]
- 2018 – In the Nick Of Time
- 2015 – S6
- 2012 – Blunts and Lingerie Mixtape
- 2011 – Elevated Mental Mixtape
- 2009 – Self Centered (Solo Debut)
- 2008 – Eagle Street Mixtape Vol.1
- 2006 – Sunk City – Rap Monstaz