Every once in a while, a breath of fresh air will enter the music scene that revitalizes the spirit, cleanses the soul & reminds us why music is such a universal connector. Sirreal exudes that air.
For Sirreal, connection drives his music. He is inspired most by the ability to help people feel less alone through the messages they can relate to within his art. Losing his brother, father and 2 best friends to suicide, Sirreal knows the effect that suicide can have on families, communities and those left behind.
He wants his message to make a difference, letting people know that they are not alone with their struggles.
Hailing from Nanaimo BC, Canada, he has been working with his community teaming up with local schools & talking to youth about suicide prevention, resilience and getting through hard times with art for 7 years. In that time, he has spoken to over 12,000 youth. He is now an outreach support worker and works with adults with FASD, Autism, Mental Health issues and street entrenched adults.
With his most recent releases, entitled the “Blue” & the “Red” Albums, he brings his message of music as medicine to the world, one invisible person at a time.
“I have made 2 pieces of art that cover the full spectrum of our emotions, representing the Yin and the Yang. My hope is to help everyone feel less alone and invisible; only then can we start to combat this epidemic of depression, loneliness and suicide.”
Each Album is a different collection of medicine. The Blue Album (Available Everywhere Now) is a full live band experience with doses of hardships & reality. The Red Album (Available Everywhere Now) is an upbeat, mood enhancing prescription with danceable tracks that will help uplift the soul.
Sirreal has shared stages with some of the biggest Hip Hop Artists of all time including: B-Real, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x 2, T.I, Tech N9ne (5 Times) Royce Da 5’9″, Raekwon, Ghostface Killa, Nelly, Redman & Method Man x 2, Masta Ace, The Beatnuts, Devin The Dude, Vinnie Paz, Ill Bill, Belly and Classified just to name a few.
- Nominated for a 2019 Independent Music Award
- Top #1 in all of Canada for TikTok Live Hosts in January 2022
- Raised $26,000 in 17 days with a Kickstarter Campaign
- “Can I Open for Classified” Winner
- Winner – “So you think you can rap” – $1000 Cash Prize & Performance Booking on the Electric Love Festival
- Sunrise records talent contest winner
- 1st & 2nd place Winner of Battle of the Bands in multiple years
- Distribution of all original Albums to all 88 Sunrise records stores across Canada
- Awarded $5000 from Battle of the Bands competition
- 6-Time Winner of Freestyle Battle Rap competition, 5-1 as a KOTD Battle rapper
- Most recent video, Rate My Drip, performed with his son Lower Case G has over 100k views